The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Confused about a Jailbroken PS3 I bought
Confused about a Jailbroken PS3 I bought –
Hello, everyone. Recently I bought a slim PS3 through Craigslist and apparently the owner had the system downgraded and flashed by a professional so that it is now running some CFW. The seller didn't really understand what exactly was done to the system though, so he wasn't able to answer many of my questions. That's why I'm here hoping that someone can help me. I would really appreciate answers to any of these questions.
1. What CFW am I running? When I boot my PS3 it says something like "REBUG" on the right instead of PS3, and the PSN logo on the XMB is red. Also, when I go to system information it says I'm on firmware version 4.30. Does this all mean that the PS3 is running Rebug 4.30 CFW?
1b. Is it possible to update to any other CFW?
2. Is it possible to go online with the current CFW I have?
3. There is a program in my Games column by the name of "Downgrade E3 CFW 3.55 (QA)." (The icon for this program says E3 Flasher instead.) What does this program do? Can it be used multiple times?
Thanks to anyone who is able to answer any of these questions.
1. For sure it's rebug
1.b yes. Latest CFW 4.46 (rogero and habib is best)
2. No. You need spoofer 4.46 or CFW 4.46 to ol (high risk banned)
3. Ain't use rebug.
Originally Posted by Mariomaruf
1) If your interested to know which CFW you are currently on...
System -> System Information... Will give you that Info.
2) Perhaps not likely did you even try? The worst thing that could happen is that you'll get a Message telling you that an Update will be required to log into PSN. Assuming that you don't have the latest CFW installed.*
3) Sounds like you have the Toggle QA Flag set. Its job is to help prevent your PS3 from bricking.
To test it Go to Settings... scroll down to Network Settings DO NOT ENTER! Just press L1, L2, L3 + R1, R2, R3 D-Pad Down. You should the see Something called an Eddy Viewer, Debug Settings and Install Packages pop-in.
If you decide to update to a newer CFW you need to download it off the PC and move it to a USB Stick (i.e. x:\PS3\UPDATE), and you need to rename that *.PUP File to UPDAT.PUP. Before plugging it into your PS3. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE REMOVED ANY DISCS IN YOUR PS3 FIRST, then Settings-> Update-> Update via USB Storage. As long as you stay on CFW you can always roll back to your base Firmware (Use MinCheckVersion for that!), needless to say its irrelevant for you.
If you want to say feck it and go legit. Your safest option is to yank the Drive out of the PS3 and reformat it on the PC. Reinsert it and install the latest OFW4.46. I assume that you did not get an E3 with your PS3. If you had you could have used a Two HDD based solution to have dual booted a CFW/OFW PS3. In any case if you ever intentionally (or not), update to OFW. You can use the E3 again to downgrade back to CFW/OFW3.55 again and, restart again.