I bought 3.50 CECHG04 PS3 so I have only one choice to jailbreak - downgrade without backup of /dev_flash3 to recover from bluray problem.
Today I want to test some DRL1+2 files I found on this forum to get bluray playback back so I backup my current whole /dev_flash3 folder and replace it with downloaded files but it doesn't work. Instead of that I am facing another problem.
I can't read any discs from now at all (dvd, BD movie, BD games). Drive accepts the discs and when it's in blue led goes on and clock start to twist but that's all. No CD icon in games or movies. My bluray drive works before this "tests" ok. It reads original games which I made backup before and reads bluray movie which however don't play because of prohibited error due to downgrade.
What I tried so far:
- Replaced downloaded DRL files with my backup from downgraded 3.41mod
- Downgrade from 3.41mod to 3.15 and upgrade to 3.41 official
- Upgrade to 3.50 and downgrade back to 3.41mod
- Put PS3 in recovery mode and tried recover filesystem and database
- Did restore PS3 (settings)
- Disassembly the PS3 drive and clean the laser
I think it's HW fault, isnt it?
How would I know if it's laser or whole drive (controller)?
Thanks for any advice. I am stuck for now