Backup Manager - Serious glitches
Today I finally received my AT90USB and successfully flashed it to use with my PS3. With backup manager being the only native homebrew available I of course installed it. I thought I would first test the games I had that were not yet available on compatibility lists, thus doing my little bit for the scene. The results were… Well, extremely unusual! I haven’t read glitches of this kind with backup manager so I thought I would share it to see if anyone can offer any insight or none the less more information for the compatibility list.
The game I backed up was Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe and it took just over an hour backing up to a 5200RPM 2TB external drive. The game backed up 100% and was ready to select, I then launched it through the XMB and all seemed to be going well…
I don’t know if anyone here has played the game, I can only assume you have but here is the list of glitches I encountered.
- No special moves work in game – For example subzero can’t do freeze attack etc.
- No fatality moves work in game
- Selecting MK Story mode jumps to play ending scene then back to the menu – Also unlocks the appropriate hidden characters.
- Selecting DCU Story mode jumps to play ending scene then starts the DCU Story mode.
- Red artefacts appear while fighting in game.
I couldn’t find any more glitches other than those listed above; the game can be fully navigated and has no hanging issues, lag or crashes.
The game was backed up with no prior data on the PS3 hard drive such as game installs and save data.
Odd glitches I am sure you will agree, has anyone else had experience with these type of glitches (in game) while using backup manager?