The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
looool i wonder if there's any chance of getting the new lv2diag.self
i think its just a matter of waiting but the question is how long???
Downgrade fail –
Hey guys i can defo confirm that i am able to get into and out of service mode but fails to downgrade ... =( ohh well wat can i so now
you can wait, or sell your machine and buy another one.
if you want 3.55 update via sony update, wait some time to hackers to spoof to 3.55 then youll have spoofed 3.55
Actually there is already a spoof for 3.55. It however does nothing aside from changing your version number from 3.41 to 3.55. (may help keep people from updating your console without your permission)
DOWNGRADE 3.55 (Q) –
Just a question:
Do you think that downgrade from 3.55 will be possible in the future? You know... when you have some IDIOT friends that didn't listen to you and upgrade before they get PSJB, they ask: so i have 3.55 what to do?
If i remember well guys with 3.55 says that 3.55 still let you to go in Service mode right? So it's only a lv2diag.self problem or not?
I'm not asking WHEN but i'm asking IF it's possible.
Anything's possible, though I think you're asking whether this is plausible. Since Sony patched that firmware specifically to prevent downloading I wouldn't have thought that downgrading via service mode would be an option in the future on that firmware.
Originally Posted by djcenox
My feelings are that there may be a separate exploit found which Sony didn't think of, for instance a modified PUP which fools the console into thinking it's an official upgrade when it's not after a specific exploit in that firmware has been triggered first. Of course I'm referring to a point in time when a proper custom firmware will be available and level 1 access has been achieved and the keys for 3.55 have been discovered. A distant pipe dream at the moment.
TL;DR :- There probably will be, but nobody here can tell you how or when.
PS Jailbreak Compatibility:
Looking for any PS3 firmware, see here:
Sony has patched the use of the first lv2diag.self so unless the new lv2diag.self file for 3.55 is leaked, then probably not
CECHA01 (500GB Cobra 7/ REBUG REX 4.46 XMBM+, multiMAN/webMAN XMB, Showtime,)
Anything is possible but like everything it takes time....maybe one day we will be able to downgrade but at this point nothing is immanent