480p is one of several modes that work with the GS chip in my v7 PS2, though it lacks some of the modes supported in my v15 PSTwo, such as 576p.
I suppose that might happen with some equipment and setups, but I never notice anything like that. Did you (like me) setup SMS to use your preferred resolution in the GUI as well, or do you switch modes after starting the playback of the files.I really hate the mode changing within some games while using the Sony component cable. I have been able to see and hear the delay first hand using SMS for example. Missing anywhere from 2 to 3 seconds at the beginning of playing MP3's and videos drives me completely bonkers.
I have the GUI setup to use 720p, and my TV will indicate if this changes at any time, which never happens when I play my movies and TV shows. But that may be because I don't have any AVIs stored that use larger native format than 720p. I've also tried having the GUI in 1080i with similar effect, although that makes the text a little too small.
Since I use an LCD TV the old-fashioned interlace flicker is a dead issue anyway, as that only exists on CRT, so 1080i is just as stable here as 720p is. But there would be no particular gain in upscaling to 1080 compared to 720, so I've chosen to stick with 720 for now.
I can't really compare, as this 32" LCD TV is my first HDTV set.Sometimes I wish that my older television had never died off. I surely hope the larger HDTV sets have a better response time than this.
I'm not too sure of these details myself, so on this issue I just trust Jimmi's info, but you can check it in the source as I have not yet added any new fix to the FTP server for this, so that still remains to be done. I think you would be better for that job than I am, as you are more familiar with the ftpd code.The more than 2 memory cards issue was resolved ages ago when I created an adjustment to terminate after looking for the second card mc:1. Perhaps using the altered driver it bypassed my conditional statement all together and caused it to loop 10 times? Maybe the earlier version of the new driver didn't fit my condition of what a memory card is such as whether it's a PS1 or PS2 memory card.
Yep, that is what counts.Either way I'm glad its working properly now.
Darn it, I had forgotten all about it. Sorry about that, but it has been almost 5 months, with a lot of other distractions...I did see though that the mount bug (Problem with Ule's PS2Net) still persists in the current release so I checked and saw that you didn't include my changes for v4.40. Maybe you can add them to v4.41 when the time arrives. I copied over the two changed files and rebuilt uLauncHELF and it now works fine again. It's been awhile and I had to relocate where I posted those changes. It's easy to see how things tend to get misplaced around here.
But this time I have noted it, and stored the downloaded changes, such that I won't forget to include them next time.
Best regards: dlanor