The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
automaticly start up ulaunch
automaticly start up ulaunch –
ok this is what i got so far. uLaunch starts up only when i input the CD. what i would like to do is make it so that when i turn on my ps2 it automaticy starts up ulaunch without entering anycd. i already know how to put my elf fils on the memory card just not how to start it automaticly.anyhelp would be great. also i dont have a pc-ps2 connection or a hdd in my ps2.
sorry not possible without a modchip. It sounds like you use the psx exploit and thats the only way to boot ulaunch without a dev enabled modchip.
oh sorry i do have a mod chip, forgot to mention that. im not sure which one though as i got my friend to go get it modded =/
When you start the PS2, hold , if a screen labeled Toxic appears you have a DMS chip.
Check on the internet for functions you chip has like what button to use when you want to disable the chip or w/e.
If you want to boot it off the MC at start up you need to set BOOTMODE to DEV1 or MC Dev.olution 1 or somehting like that.
a bit more of a guide to boot it off of mc at start up please? i dont understand that =/
Ok, this is the best I can do:
- When turning the PS2 ON, hold w/e button that will take you to the mod-chips BIOS/Settings.
- When you are at the BIOS/Settings screen, change "BOOTMODE" to MC Dev.olution or Dev1. (Meaning you boot from MC.
- After changing the BOOTMODE, start a CD that has uLaunchELF in it, and copy it over to the MC. Make sure that the Launchelf file is in the directory: MC0/BOOT/BOOT.ELF (/BOOT/ being the directory on the MC that you need to create)
- Make sure that uLaunchELF's *.elf file is called BOOT.ELF
- After sendign everythign over and blah blah blah, just reset the PS2 and uLaunchELF will start automatically, since you set BOOTMODE to Dev1.
- Using uLaunchELF
ty i will try this right now.
arg i cant find which button takes me to the bios...is it possible that i need a speciffic key combination?
Primitive mod-chips don't have such settings, nor do they have any support for direct booting of ELFs from MC. Those chips that do have such support all have different ways of accessing setup screens and choosing boot modes.
Originally Posted by Quibble
Until you find out what mod-chip you really have there isn't much we can do to help you. Is it really that hard to just ask your friend what chip was used...?
Anyway, since you clearly didn't look for special features in choosing a chip (as you don't even know what chip it is), it's quite likely that your chip doesn't have any advanced features. In that case, disc booting is your only option.
Best regards: dlanor
thx i see now, but i did learn how to boot ps2 backups =) and i thought my modchip couldnt do that.