It's great that at last there is an opensource player for PS2. Great work EEUG!
But I think that moving the project to Sourceforge will help with further development - more coders and badly needed graphic artists, just compare those:
I have started registration at Sourceforge under psmc (PS2 Media Center) name. I'll keep informed about it. EEUG, what's your opinion?
The absolutely essential goals, in my opinion, are:
- Faster and better video decoding
- Normal GUI (why do all PS2 players have that horrid hackerz look?)
- Usable mp3 player (take a look at iTunes or WMP or even XBMC)
- SHOUTcast support
- Support for Windows network shares
I'll try my best to help this project, but I have yet to figure out PS2 programming.
- I'm not trying to hijack the project or anything, just trying to help.
- EEUG what do you think about decoding 720x576 MPEG4 video at full resolution? Is PS2 able to handle it?