The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
please add 3ivx's 3ivx, 3iv, 3iv2 fourcc it is same MPEG-4 type as DivX/XviD
and add back \ directory function
Last edited by lee4; 03-26-2007 at 05:19 PM.
I had this working. I had VLC encode a file in real time and then played the file through SMS network.
Originally Posted by kuschel33
Sms Ac3 –
hi first great job, thnx alot for SMS.
I don't know if it exists, a feature or a bug ...
whene a divx/xvid has a DOLBY AC3 --6 channels-- audio track( just a simple TV with tow speakers), the volume ou effects is much greater that the volume of the voices.
the same movie on my PC worked just fine (mplayer, again with c**py laptop speakers). I looked a round and a I found this in XINE-LIB FAQ :
"If you have a dolby digital (AC3) soundtrack, you can try to enable liba52's dynamic range compression setting audio.a52.dynamic_range:1 in your xine config file (or use some gui config dialog)."
the key word here is dynamic range compression
a bit further and found this in the readme file of liba52 :
"This function is purely optional. If you dont call it, liba52 will
provide the default behaviour, which is to apply the full dynamic
range compression as specified in the A/52 stream. This basically
makes the loud sounds softer, and the soft sounds louder, so you can
more easily listen to the stream in a noisy environment without
wich explains to why a I didn't have to do anything with mplayer (it uses liba52 to decode AC3 tracks)
I rencoded the audio track woth avidemux to stereo mp3 (which is the quivalent of SMS's downmix do I think) code didn't change much because I didn't activate the Dynamic range Compression in the filter config.
What do you think ????
I have another movie qith AC3 and I'm about to a test. I'll post the results.
I looked in liba52 mailing list found a poste a bout this behavior,
redid some players test with a sample of the same file ...
mplayer gives me the same results as SMS unless I downmix to 4 channels (-channels option) I get a little change (proposed solution in mplayer mailing list) the -a52drc did'nt change anything .
Xine in the other hand ... tried with and without dynamic range compression and surround down mixing I get the same result works perfectly i don;t know how they do it ...
I'll dig more into xine-lib ...
Did something with windows media player and AC3Filter,
DRC activated and a 20DB was good ...
unchecked in the mixer tab Normalize matrix got the same resulta the volume was good
Last edited by kenshin33; 03-27-2007 at 12:12 PM.
@kenshin33: ...I know where the problem lies (there's a constant in AC3 code which I've changed as some people were complaining that sound wasn't loud enough and I think this doesn't work always). Your information can be quite useful, so I'll perform some research about it and next release will contain the fix (if it will be applicable). Thanks a lot...
Will fast forward, rewind, and seeking with the cursor when paused ever be functional? When I try to fast forward or rewind anything, it just says "stopping" and goes back to the menu. When I try to seek, SMS freezes and I have to restart my PS2. Really, if the seek bar works, fast forward and rewind aren't very useful because you could just seek to a certain point to within a minute or so on a movie with the bar broken up into 128 pts. Other than that, I'm with everyone else on including MKV and OGM support, since they're just containers and they mostly contain XviD/DivX video anyway. WMV/WMA isn't worth wasting time on, horrible quality and it would just bloat SMS with useless code. People who want to watch WMV can just convert them with some program. At least for me converting MKV/OGM to AVI is more difficult.
Just a quick note to say thanks for SMS - it is fantastic!
Apple Tv Copying Sms
Apple Tv Copying Sms –
For anyone interested here is a video of the brand new apple tv, which is in fact just the same as SMS with a stylish GUI.
EEUG please see the video perhaps you can see something usefull for SMS , who knows.
From my point of view the GUI is better than SMS but SMS was first.
I know some of these things already have been mentioned, but anyway... =)
It's a lot of things, but see it as only sugestions and ideas rather than anything else!!
- More stylish GUI and/or the possibility to use skins/changing background/font etc... Although the current is very functional, it could always look better =P That Argon thing looks very very promising, I would just love it if they in the future were to be merged to a killer app with the GUI of Argon and the stability and functions of SMS...
- Some kind of merging in the GUI for audio and video playback. For example, playing a playlist that also contains music videos... Also making more similar controls for audio and video playback.
- Audio playback: Some indicator showing remaining time on the current audio track, and/or a meter showing the "progress"...
- Picture browsing and viewing... =)
- "Play all" (pressing circle on folder) that works on root drive, and also with a recursive option (plays everything in all sub folders)
- Some nice kind of playlist editing. I'm thinking, it would be awesome to browse a folder, pressing some button, getting a small submenu, choosing "Add to playlist", repeating it for some other files, then pressing some other button to play all the things you just added to the playlist (which could just be some temporary one that dissappears when the machine is turned off).
- I know the Samba feature is pretty new but it would be awesome if it could be configured without manually putting a file on the memory card...
- Supporting more formats and stuff is an obvious one that I can see you are making great efforts to do, so it would be pointless for me to add it to this list =)
Anyway, thanks again for an awesome media player, and keep up the great work!
I totally agree kungmidas on the gui,
It been a while that I thinking of doing something (lack of time and knowledge didn't help). A standard extensible customizble ... Graphic library for PS2 applications ... like GTK or QT (not necesserly the same but you get my point).
it could lift a tedious work from SMS project.