Also included in the zip is PS2Client rev5 by dlanor.
- This revision includes major fixes that make detection of online\offlines PS2 machines much faster. A bug that was giving false detections of online ps2s was also fixed. Thanks dlanor for the great bug reporting
-Added 2 sliders to the settings window to adjust timeout between sending pings. One adjusts the timeout for online ps2(s) and the other for offline.
- Changed the ping API call from IcmpSendEcho to IcmpSendEcho2; the latter of the two is a non-blocking api call. This gets rid of the freezing effect that the program has while waiting for a ping reply from an unreachable host. To see what I mean by this, enter an IP that you know has no ping and click Start. Now click and drag the main window for a few seconds and you will see it freeze for a second every time it encounters the bad IP address.
- Fixed the "Start with Windows" option. The correct share directories will now be accessible through uLe\SMS upon loading.
- Changed the way that the ping timeouts are monitored; it is much more accurate now. I recommend using a higher timeout than you did previously. I also recommend finding the highest ping timeout that works for you since having a lower timeout leads to more pings and just creates more congestion over your network.
- Changed the range for ping timeout from 10-100 to 250-2000. I personally use 500ms as my timeout.
- Added a "Close All" button to the "Active PS2Clients" window to close all with a single click.
- Made the "Slowest IP" value reset when a new instance of ps2client loads since, for example, you may be transferring small files with uLaunchElf then you may switch to SMS and watch a movie which will could possibly give you different ping rates.
- Added a button to make the interface smaller. When you make it smaller, the share directories list gets hidden and the main window gets much smaller.
- Also fixed misc. bugs & stuff in the process of updating.
- Made the program save the column widths of the share list so when you resize them they will be the same next time you load it.
- Added ability to rename share directory names. Highlight the list item that you want to edit then single click the name on the list. The renamed items will not appear as you change them in SMS because ps2client doesn't support custom naming for folder shares, yet.
- Added a settings window
- Added an option to allow the user to adjust the amount of time for the program to wait for a ping reply from the ps2 console. This allows for users to adjust the ping timeout to a custom level. The slowest ping I've gotten so far is 15ms so I set the default to 25 just to be safe.
- Removed ps2client status color-label from main window and added a label that displays the slowest ping reply to help the user tune the ping reply timeout setting.
- Adjusted timer interval again to give each the same amount of time no matter how many consoles are being monitored. In the previous release I increased the timer interval for each console added. This time I lower it so that each console gets roughly a 500ms interval.
- Changed the ping no-reply count to 3 instead of 5. So if an IP that has PS2Client loaded fails to reply 3 pings consecutively then ps2client gets closed. I changed it from 3 to 5 to make the detection faster. This means that it takes about 1.5 seconds for ps2client to get closed if the console doesn't respond.
- Added an option for the program to automatically close any open instances of ps2client.exe when exiting instead of being nagged with the window asking if you want to close them.
- Added item to the share-list right-click menu to browse to the selected directory.
- Changed 'Open Windows Explorer' menu to automatically shell to c:\
- Changed main icon to a nicer blue and changed some properties of the share list.
- Totally changed the PS2 monitoring method by having the timer's interval set according to the number of ps2 consoles being monitored. This allows for faster and more efficient cycling between consoles. It seems to be running alot smoother now and less laggy feeling. I tested it and it detected the disconnect when switching from uLaunchelf to SMS with "host:" enabled; dlanor mentioned this needed to be addressed.
- Attempted to fix problem of people not being able to add directories for particular drives. Someone please PM me if you still have a problem so I can talk with you directly. Since I didn't personally have this problem it is hard to debug it.
- Added label to active ps2client instances window instead of having annoying msgbox.
- Made a revision to make the program only ping valid ip addresses opposed to pinging the IP of every index even if it was the default dummy IP of 0.0.0.0. This should be been done from the get-go.
- Took out the sorting of share directories so they will be on the list in the order that you add them.
- Finished core of multi-console coding