Unofficial ps2client release by evil
Based on ps2client-3.0.0 source tarball
This ps2client patched release addresses some common faults encountered by
Unix users. It has been thoroughly tested on FreeBSD systems, but should work
on Linux and MacOS X boxes with little or no modifications (I'll check that
as soon as I have those systems at hand). Correct functionality on Cygwin
platform is highly unlikely -- may not even compile.
* Fixed a very nasty issue in ps2link_request_read() that caused obscure
segfaults on FreeBSD systems. However, could not identify exact
origin of the problem. Probably a memory management fault of some kind.
* Fixed a REALLY MAJOR SCREWUP concerning directory traversal in
ps2link_request_readdir() that made files and directories from second
level downwards completely inaccessible. The fix is rather ugly and
clumsy, but worgz grate for me :-)
* Added support for character set conversion (KOI8->CP1251) so Russian file
names are now shown correctly in SMS. Could be turned off at compile time --
remove -DKOI8 from Makefile.
POSSIBLE BUGS AND PROBLEMS:
* elflist.txt handling code still remains totally screwed up since I do not
use those config files. It may work or may not work at all. Will
check it out sometime later.
* Only the functionality essential for SMS player operation has been tested.
* Tested only on FreeBSD 5 platform. Should compile and work fine on Linux
systems. MacOS X may require some minor modifications. Any feedback is
welcome on these issues.
* Revision of the elflist.txt support routines.
* Adding some sort of AutoClient functionality, turning ps2client into a
standalone media server for SMS player that requires little to no user