The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
v12 BSOD and drive won't spin after installed DMS4 Lite
v12 BSOD and drive won't spin after installed DMS4 Lite –
I tried to install a DMS4 Lite on a V12. Here's what happen:
- screen flickered when pressing reset and then stay black (LED is green)
- occasionally, if I keep pressing reset lots of times, the Sony logo will appear and lead me to the main menu (browser & configuration). However, it won't read any disc. If I go into browser, it will says "there is no data". The drive is not spinning at all.
- No laser light, no motion. Nothing. Only the fan works!
- Holding square when booting up, NO "dms4 disabled" msg or anything from chip
Installed with DMS4 Lite is Neo Fix XIII
Has the laser burned? or something can be salvaged?
Last edited by PaxRoma; 03-26-2006 at 03:51 AM.
did you install the chip urself... if installng for the first time then there are many chances that somethin went wrong! otherwise if got it installed from sum1 then get hold of the guy n tell him to repair it.... it looks like wrong soldering...
PlayStation2 v10 SCPH - 50004(spray painted silver n black) | Matrix Infinity Green Dot | Seagate 120 gb HDD with NA
Multitap - USB Headset - Linux Kit
PSP relatedWebsite: PSPandMore
Graphics Folio: DeviantART Folio
I installed it myself. I have installed many regulars (non-slim) ps2 before. This is my first slim install so I was wondering if it's the laser problem. I checked with a multi-meter and every reading seems fine. The only exception is the resistance b/w ground and 3.3v point, which is only 25 ohms (before soldering the power wire, it was ~40 ohms). I was wondering
- what is the symptom of a burned laser coil?
- is that low resistance between Ground and 3.3v points a problem?
Thanks for the help
remove the mod and the fix and see what you have, easiest way in the long run and you know for sure then.