The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Sony PS2 (Phat SCPH-39001) Disk Drive
Sony PS2 (Phat SCPH-39001) Disk Drive –
My ps2's disk drive motor is dead, it only turns the disk inside once or twice around before not spinning at all. It makes the ps2 useless to me if the disks wont even spin, ive taken it apart and looked at its insides (only because its abotu 5 years old and im sure the warrenty is out) and for some reason it just wont spin, if there are any fixes i can try, or anythign that would be recomended to buy to fix the problem, please psot. My very last resort would be to buy a new one, but I don't thinkI will.
The most useful fix I can think of is to buy the new Datel PS2 Memory Plus 64MB mem card.(This is not the same as the 64MB Max MC) It has the ability to run .elf files from a USB stick. You can get it to run ulaunch 4.12, then boot HDL .8b, from ulaunch, which will let you run your games from a hard drive connected to the PS2 network adapter. You will have to learn how to copy your disks from the PC DVD drive to the HDD with WinHiip 1.76, but all the information can be found here or at console exploits.
1.no need to get expensive hard to install chip
2.HDD loads games much faster
3. all your games on HDD, no disk swapping, scratched, or lost disks, disks stay safe
1. not every game works from HDD ~95% compatibility, certain games require patching
2. requires purchase of HDD and net adapter if you don't have one
3. online features of games don't work unless the game came out before the DNAS system
4. compatibility lists are not always up to date, so sometimes you have to test the game yourself- you buy a game, find out it's not HDD compatibile, but can't return the opened game
Here's some links to buy the Datel PS2 Memory Plus 64MB mem card online. (Not available in US stores)