i am trying to install octapus 3d in the slim style console; i tried soldering on v7 board, but i ended up killing the board which was just a spare part.
here are questions.
1. solder did not stick to the wires nor the solder pad even though i heated up; do i need to clean soldering locations with solder flux?
2. how do i solder a wire to the test point holes which is very small? ( it tried to apply solder there, but no matter how long i heat the hole, i could not get the solder stick there.
3. on those chips with many legs, how do i apply solder only to the one leg; when i tried, solder was flowing to everywhere half the time that few legs were shorted.
4. should i apply solder to the wire only, or should i apply to the where it was to be soldered?
5. do i need to apply flux before soldering?
it was fun to try, but i also want to be sucessful, so please help me out
the iron i am using is radioshack brand 15w with kind of messed up pencil tip; the solder is 60/40 rosin flux type; it is kind of thick, but that's only thing i could find from radio shack.