The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Could there be life after overheating?
Could there be life after overheating? –
So, i disassembled the PS2, while fixing a color-problem, but that's side-note.
When i was testing it, i forgot to keep the heat-sink-plate on it, while the PS2 was on. Well, it overheated, and shut down.
First i thought the shutdown was because i shorted something, but afterall it was overheating. Then i booted it again without heatsinks, and it shut down again after couple of minutes, and now it dont display any picture/audio anymore, and disc-drive wont do anything. The leds on front-panel are like normal operation.
I think the CPU could have melted, but could there still be some kind of protection still? I think it can't be fuses, because there was no over-voltage, i think.
But anyway, anyone know where in the motherboard the overheating-sensor is? I could try to bypass it, and see what happens, just in interest
Model is v5/6.
Edit: It was afterall fuse leading to 3,3V regulator
Last edited by MysTiCy; 10-14-2008 at 07:12 AM.