Comsoft SLIM Fix V4
the fix is a result of co-operation between Comsoft and Team Xtender to bring u the up to date protection to u'r v12 console
This fix is based on the previuse version and coded by XcalibEr aka Comsoft on 25/03/2005 (My birthday )
All prodcution made by Xtender team which i found to be a very nice persons to work with.
team Xtender also released a nice video showing the fix working and the LED blinking .
the video attached to this Thread!
canges from version 3.2
The TEST mode that was on previus versions has removed, so now it's a resistor and wire short!
insted a led has been added to indicate if pic is active and working properly!!!
to test if the pic is able to shutdown the pstwo, just connect all the wires without the INT line (pin 4) and then turn on pstwo. now the LED sould turn on and off twice (indicating the pic goes into action) and after 2 more seconds the console will shutdown!
explenation on how the PIC Fix works (V4):
1. on boot the pic waits 1 second to let the pstwo fully initioate. in that period of time the LED is turning ON and OFF twice to indicated that the PIC is active.
2. check to see if INT is active (HIGH).
* If fails IMMDIATLY SHUTDOWN RS2400FS and by doing so eliminating all current flow to the CDVD drive and the lens!!!
* If Not fails immidiatly goes to WHATCHDOG routine!!!
3. checks the INT line every 250ms. if at anytime the INT is HIGH the PIC jump to WATCHDOG routine.
5. if 2 more second has passed and the INT line is still not active the PIC shutdown the pstwo to save the lens.
1. the PIC CODE check the INT line for every 1ms.
2. if the INT line FAILD (INT == LOW) for 50ms then the PIC CODE MUTE the RS2400FS CD/DVD DRIVER.
if after that the INT line return to be active (INT == HIGH) then the PIC CODE return the RS2400FS CD/DVD driver to active mode
and everything is back to normal and the user don't even know abot this.
3. if a 200 ms have passed and the INT line is still not active , this means MECHANICS CONTROLLER is in deadlock , and pstwo is shutdown.
IF EVERYTHING IS WORKING FINE DURING THE WHATCHDOG ROUTINE THE LED TURN ON AND OFF IN APPROX 1 SEC DELAY. IF THERE IS NO SIGNAL ON THE INT LINE , THE LED STOP BLINKING!!!!
also added a movie filmed by me showing the fix in action (saving my pstwo ) sorry for the qulity of this movie which filemed on low qulity cammera. (Faild to upload this movie hope the admin can help in that)