1) The slim has less pieces to take off, I like them more. Avoid Ps2 version 1-3 they are probably the hardest to mod.
Originally Posted by leglezz
2) Matrix Infinity ,Crystal Lite 1.1 , Ghost 2.2.... and lots more chips are out there. If u are tight on money there are cheaper chips out there that are still good like the H20, octapus 3d, and the myth 600 and 610.
3) I have a 200 gig but ive heard people that have 300 gig hd's just gotta have the right version of hdloader.
4) Yes 3 ways- 1) Hdcombo 2) XCM Connect 3) Take a IDE ribbon cut the end off and use the XCM connect solder point instructions for each of the 40 wires. All these ways you will end up soldering 40 points in a tight area.
5) Ps2 backups, Psx backups, Homebrew games, Load games from the HD, Listen to mp3's , shoutcast radio, file managing, Divx videos, rad host client and SMS is nice.
6) Only thing similar that i can think off is if u use Hdloader as the main program that boots up on ur ps2 in either dev 1 or 2 and u can change the skin to whatever u want. Its very fun if u know how to use photoshop!
V4 MI w/500gb HD & custom HD fan
V9 CC 2.0 w/300gb HD
V4 DMS4 Pro w/250gb HD
V3 CC 2.0
V12 Modbo 745 /clear case
V0 SCPH-10000 JAP w/ DMS3