The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Whats the best modchip?
Whats the best modchip? –
I wonder if anyone can help me decide which modchip to get. I currently have the following selection to choose from, although if someone has a better selection then please tell me.
Hope you can help
Modbo 4.0 i used its good the one and the second is also good
Whats the difference between the modbo 4 and the modbo 760?
Originally Posted by amp2006
Product Information modbo 760
* AUTOMATIC SELECTION for PS2/PS1/DVD SUPPORTS. (Just insert any disc and modbo chip play it !!)
* DVD Region Free Incorporated !! ( to play all regions DVD without need of any extra operation.)
* Compatible with Playstation 2 USA/PAL/Japanese -V1,V2,V3,V4, V5, V6, V7, V8, V9, V10,V11,V12,V13,V14-V16
* Jumper less (Automatic Version detection)
* Easy to Install. (only 18 wires for V1-V8 and 20 wires for V9, V10, V11, V12,V13,V14.)If you solder those 10 point on
* PS2 mainboard directly, can less 10 wire, to help installation faster and easier.
* IC based 3.3V for enhanced stability
* AUTOMATIC "MACROVISION=OFF" ON ALL PS2 FROM V1 TO V14 WITHOUT ADDITIONAL WIRES !!
* AUTOMATIC "GREEN FIX" (No more need to change the cable to see your DVD movies on the PS2!!)
* Import Games Fix (All PSX import games are played at FULL SCREEN and FULL COLOUR !!)
* Sleep-Mode (The Modchip will switch off itself after boot)
* 100% NO SWAP (Direct boot for all the PS2 and PSX games)
* Supports games on DVD-9 media !!
* PLAYS ALL THE CD’S and DVD’S Games (both, Import or Backup’s)
* SUPPORTS MULTI-DISK GAMES !!
* SUPPORTS DVD 9 GAMES!!
* SUPPORTS ANTI-MOD PS1 GAMES !! (Only for V9 - V14 PS2)
* SUPPORTS HD COMBO.
* SUPPORTS Dev1 and Dev2 .
* SUPPORTS DATEL 16MB MEMORY CARDS and Neo MEMORY CARD !!
* (No need anymore to use the swap CD!!)
* Very Reliable (All the Modchips are 100% tested before delivery)
* Very Stable (Thanks to the sleep mode the IC will never Overheat)
* CD Lens Safe (Avoid CD lens damage by sending un-necessary signal to the Drive Controller)
* Fully compatible with ps2 v1-v16 PAL / USA / Jap
* Upgraded from modbo3.0, comes with original 100% v1.88 firmware, but it isn't upgradeable
* Comes with mini size board and the wiring point order is good for installation
* Automatic selection for PS2/PS1/DVD supports
* DVD region free incorporated
* Software selectable "PS2 Quick Load" option. (to skip PS2 logo and Quick boot PS2 games)
* Software selectable "PSX Quick Load" option (to skip PS1 logo and Quick boot PSX games)
* Easy to install (only 18 wires for V1-V8 and 20 wires for V9, V10, V11, V12, V13)
* CPLD chip (3.3V power supply) based IC for enhanced stability
* Automatic "MACROVISION=OFF" on all PS2 from V3 to V16 without additional wires
* Automatic "green fix" (no more need to change the cable to see your DVD movies on the PS2)
* Imports games fix (all PSX import games are played at full screen and full color
* Stealth-mode (the modchip can be switched off and becomes invisible to online gaming)
* Sleep-mode (the modchip will switch off itself after boot)
* Supports DVD-9 games
* Plays all CD's and DVD's games (both, import or backup's)
* Supports multi-disk games
* Supports anti-mod PS1 games (only for V9 - V16 PS2)
* Very reliable (all the Modchips are 100% tested before delivery)
* Very stable (thanks to sleep mode the IC will never overheat)
* CD lens safe (avoid CD lens damage by sending un-necessary signal to drive controller)
* Supports DEV1 and DEV2 for memory card booting
see not much different
Thanks for your prompt response.
Originally Posted by amp2006
Not much difference. Not really. Are they from the same manufacturer?
Just read the following spec for the modbo 4.0:
* Compatible with the models of Playstation 2 and PSTwo (V5, V6, V7, V8, V9, V10, V11, V12, V13, V14, V15, V16)
* Stealth-Mode (you can disable the chip)
* Compatible with original CDs and DVDs
* Compatible with DVD9
* Supports CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD + RW
* Datel arcades and 16MB Memory Cards
* Supports Action Replay and Action Replay MAX
* Compatible Codebraker 8 and 8.1
* Compatible DivX and MP3 Mediaplayer
What does it mean DivX Compatible?
Would the modbo 4 work with the SCPH-30003 R PAL model?
I have just had some replies from some retailers who suggest that I should use the Duo 3 Ultra. Any comments?
I personally have the Duo 3 Ultra and it works just fine for me. It took me a while to figure out how to use it, though. Once I installed FMCB, I haven't had to do much else with it. I have a v12, so I have the HDCombo, too. It played my backups well before installing the HDD.
Originally Posted by paul_b
There's no need for other things once you get ULE installed. Run everything off a USB or the HDD and save the laser. So I personally say go for it.
Ph34r T3h Cut3 On3s
I havent really thought about using the HD before Sounds like a good idea. Arent the games usually around 4.7GB! Dont that mean that you dont get many games on a decent sized hard drive?
Originally Posted by TehJawknee