Very late DMS3 buyer needs help
I just got a DMS3 V2 chip for my PS2. Yes, I know very late for getting that chip. It was offered to me at a really great price and since the clone chip I had in there wasn't working properly I jumped at the opportunity to have a DMS chip.
Most of the information floating around about this chip is rather old naturally and there's a lot of confusing posts about which apps are best to run on your PS2 with this chip installed. I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following questions. Thing is, at a certain point, once a chip has been around for a long time (much like PS2 modding for that matter) certain well established software and applications come to be used by most people because they have proven to be the best for all needs. So, i was hoping I could get some opinions from those of you who have had this chip or others for a long time and have kept up to date with PS2 modchip apps.
My PS2: 39001 (vers. 7)
Chip: DMS3 V2
HDD: Maxtor 80GB
Network Adapter plus wired connection to my router.
1. I am currently running LaunchElf 3.57 from my memory card with a PSX title as a trigger. Is there a better or at least nicer looking launcher for programs and apps? Anything like XBOX Media Center for the XBOX? How is "myPS2"? This seems to be the only one I've come across.
2. Is there any reason why I would want the DMS Explorer from the DMS website? Or is it basically the same as Launchelf?
3. How do I adjust the settings of my DMS3 chip? PAL/NTSC, startup options, etc.
4. What program is everyone using for FTPing iso's to the harddrive so that they work with HDLoader?
5. Are elfs on memory cards the only way to run apps? Can these elfs be run off my HDD in any way? I'm just trying to avoid having to use the PSX trigger disc to make things simpler.
Any help on any of these things would be very much appreciated.
Thank you so much everyone!