V7 PS2 DMSv.2 RSOD
I got a V7 dmsV.2 2.3flash w/80GB HDD. Backups don't want to authinticate leading to the RSOD. After modding in Feb2004, it authinticated 90% of the time on the first try and the other 10% on reset. It seems like after every flash upgrd it authinticated less often. Now it won't authinticate any new backups. Some older BU'd games will on first try but, no new BU's I throw at it. A couple of times even an original has done this. All DMS features seem to work, Dev1 & 2, PSX, DVD, HDDstuff, AND FAST BOOT works on these games that won't authinticate. :chinscrat I checked all points and they seem okay. Since Fast Boot seems to work, I am cornfused. :chinscrat Anyone got any input, thanx.
downgrade to flash 1.6 see if that helps
thanx NetMech. Forgot to mention I had the S$ny HDD Utility 1.1 installed, and found some posts on dms site stating this issue and using fastboot. I can live with that. Just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with my chip.
btw: when I downgraded my flash(L1+L2+R1+R2 during flash) It stated flash version 1.3, is that right?