The procedure there is only half correct, and not the good half, either. in the end, moving the component jammed my ps2's clock, and afew other things.... it did force the thing into the KHS default, the KHS400C worked. however, once I lost the little sucker, entirely, it worked out fine, though, and still does, component-less.
I got rid of that component alltogether, it's missing now (I think i dropped the via that it was originally soldered to, thus dismissing any possibility of putting back how it was, and across the alternate, the clock went. Loosing that fixed the clock, I wiped the whole area with desoldering braid, clean as possible, redering all 4 points totally open. It works fine, now, but it took it's time before it started to read right for some reason.
If I had to try it over, I'd simply short the other 2 points out, by touching them with something, momentarily, and leaving that stupid component exactly where it is.
and did I mention it took me almost 2 days to dial that khs to where it started to work right, whilst the sanyo was put permanently into "clicks but never reads" mode, never to work on that board ever again..... it was scary.
Success here has been repeated, but not again by me personally. It aint worth it.
A toxic agent on a dangerous mission so secret, even I don't know what it is, because if I did, I would have to kill myself. I don't even know who's side I am on.