The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
V1 V2 Desoldering Daugtherboard Guide
V1 V2 Desoldering Daugtherboard Guide –
Here's my guide on how to remove the daughter board from v1/2 consoles in order to get access to the bottom points. Modchips like Matrix Infinity require you remove the board to get access to y point which does not have an alternative point. Y is required to update the modchip.
With some help from spedmetal and loy...
In order to get the job done you need the equipment below.
- High power iron 60w+ with big tip
- Solder sucker
- Solder wick
1. Apply some flux to the 4 points.
2. Apply the iron to a pin, leave the iron on the pin until all the solder is shiny.
3. Quickly remove the iron and use the solder sucker to remove the solder.
4. Repeat the process until you see the gap inbetween the pins.
5. You may use some flux and solder wick to remove some of the solder that are closing the gap.
6. Keep doing this until all 4 pins are cleaned.
So I hope this helps someone in my situation. Thanks loy and spedmetal for the tips.