The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
totally blank Modbo chip...what should i do next?
totally blank Modbo chip...what should i do next? –
i fried my mod by changing settings and saving them, and now i got a blank modchip with absolutely nothing on it doing absolute nothing.
can anyone be kind enough to list the steps i should do?
im using a modbo v1.1
here are the steps i took (see attachment):
1. try to config the microvision, save, restart, midchip crashes, blackscreen, fail reading CD/DVD, works with AudioCD and VideoDVD
2. try to access control panel, works, try booting files from memory card with triangle and R1, blackscreen.
3. open up ps2, cut the powerwire where it says 3v
4. reconnect it with LOTS of tape, and im sure the wire willstay there even if you smash it, its connected pretty well.
5. reboot, NO blackscreen, but seems like no modchip
6. recheck the connection, 120% sure its connected, recheck, still looks like no modchip.
what steps should i take to put the bios back into my modchip or try to make it work again? and if i can do that, can i try to change to bios to Microvision OFF before installing it so i wouldnt have to go to the config panel again?
i don't think you can sort it m8, you'll either have to solder a new modbo chip there (which wouldn't be too hard since all the wires are there for you) or get a real matrix infinity and put that in its place.
from what i've read modbo's are fine unless you want to update the firmware or cange the settings, then theyt just die.
hope this helps
Ahhh,its screwed get a proper MI.
Edit: a 100% serios now:
If you cange enay settings in a modbo,it dies as simple as that,so if you want to change things like Microvision or enay other setting you need to get a Proper MI.
Last edited by fasman; 04-30-2005 at 03:05 PM.
The modbo is gone
change chip and DONT touch the settings
someone posted a recovery method. he also sells his services to recover your modbo chip.
Yes need reprogram the saitec chip.you need programer etc. the best is replace the modbo ( is cheep mod )
use exploid and run Iupdate.elf from mc. (not for v12)
never use 145 MI firmvare!