The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Super 7 modchip. Is it really super?
Super 7 modchip. Is it really super? –
I keep hearing the same name "Super 7" when local modchippers in Madras, India are asked about the modchip they use. Apparantly it is a malaysian modchip and is the popular choice in South East Asia. So has anyone used this modchip and is it any good? Is it a different chip or a clone of matrix? The colour of the chipse and the board looks different though. It costs approx $25 - $35 depending on the vendor (installation included)
Nope. Get yourself a Duo 3 as a cheap solution or Matrix Infinity as the high end stuff.
Nobody uses or knows about Duo3 in South Asia. It's either Super 7 or bust. Well not exactly, a few are willing to install Matrix Infinity for $10 extra. Just wondering if you or anyone has ACTUALLY installed a Super 7 since it's pretty popular here.
If you can get an MI installed for $10 extra then go for that. Most people get a clone cause there is a huge price difference.
It seems REALLY standard, but unless it like fails in the middle of operation, it looks decent enough if all you wanna do is play backups/homebrew.
I pulled this off of a website:
Super 7 Features : (click here for more..)
- Low power consumption and high immunity of noise interference.
- Auto detect functions fully support all versions of SCPH-700XX.
- Only 21 wires soldering for all PSTwo (JAP/US/PAL) console.
- New low profile design for easy mounting and installation.
- New ON / OFF technology to deactivate the Mod-Chip function.
- Direct boot all PS2 Imports / Backups without the swap method
( CD/DVD Silver, CD-R, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, D9 )
- Support variety of game emulator and Media Player (SFC, SEGA, MP3...)
- Support Action Replay 2 , Action Replay Max and Codebreaker.
- Accompanied with Diode-FIX to protect your Laser Lens of PSTwo.
Current Version Operation mode :
- Play all kinds of PS2 games and DVD movies :
1. Open cover and insert PS2 CD/DVD disc or any region DVD movies.
2. Close cover and press Reset button once to play game or watching movie.
- Play all kinds of PS1 games and DVD movies :
1. Press Reset button, then open cover and insert PS1 CD disc or audio CD.
2. Close cover and press Reset button twice to play game or listen music.
- Sleep mode function ( play original disc or On-line games ) :
1. Holding Reset button from standby until picture display on TV then release.
2. Open cover and insert original PS1/PS2 disc, press Reset button once to play.
Super 7 is just a basic ICE Code clone. Nothing more than the ICE clones like Ripper IV Plus, Messiah 3.7, etc... etc.... I mean it would probally do the job but you could probally do better like a Duo 3, MI, Ghost 2, DMS4, or a Crystal Chip
Super 7 is a MARS ACTION clone. Here is the picture. It looks the same as MARS, and operations are the same.
So is the Mars Action chip / ICE itself any good?
I installed a super 7 here in Canada when someone brought me one from India or Pakistan or somewhere over there. Once I found the diagrams (with help from the forum people) I installed it and haven't heard anything back about it, so I assume it's still working.
Visit us for any console repair/mod in Hamilton/Toronto/Niagara Region.
Right and because they dont know any better because clone lovers steer them in the wrong direction. Also its not like the MI is SOOOO much more then the clone. If you cant afford and Mi then what in the hell are you doing with a PS2 to begin with cheap asses.
Originally Posted by JuliusPleaser