Still can't identify v13. Forums just too confusing
I have a PAL silver slimline with a SPU wide laser and I have prepared a few questions which I hope people will objectively answer, as I believe I am not the only who is utterly confused trying to identify a v13 from a v12, this because of all the contradictory information on these forums.
1. Are all PAL slims that have wide lasers v13's? Or do all v13's have wide lasers? i.e.: can v13's also have narrow PVR lasers?
2. Do all v13's have warranty stickers at the bottom? By warranty sticker you mean the sticker that shows VOID when you remove it? I never seen any ps2 in which the sticker wasn't in the rear next to the network RJ45 input. What's the benefit for sony in putting this sticker anywhere else? Also, some say v13's have no phone line. I have never seen a PAL slim WITH a phone line in my life (just "network", "optical out", "A/V", and "DC in").
3. Do all PAL v13's have a board layout like the one in the right hand side of the "new layout" picture that's in these forums? Are there v12's that can have this new layout? (some say that v13's are already protected by $ony, others say that 10D resistor circuits need protection??!!!?!?)
4. Do all v13's have 10D resistors where summone's fix was performed? On consoles which have these 10D resistors, do you have to solder a 4.7K resistor to tracking AND to focus resistors? Some people say yes, others say no (fix=just turn down laser pot???)
5. Are all board models GH-032-13 v13 consoles?
My ps2 is a silver slimline (70004). It has a wide laser (SPU). It has the 10D resistors. It has the new layout. It has no phone jack. It had a warranty sticker on the rear next to the "network" port. It is a GH-032-13 board revision. I DO NOT want this laser to burn out. Simply put: which fix do I apply. Thank you