I am novice at modding. This is my first attempt at modding a console system. I'm putting a M2 Pro into my V7 console. I've successfully made all of the connections except for three that require soldering to one side of a resistor. No matter which method I tried, I can not solder a single wire to the resistors, especially the SCEx and 3.45V. The wires absolutely refuse to bond. I've tried the following:
- tinned the wire
- used flux with all my bonds.
- used little flux, used alot of flux.
- scrapped the metal surface of the resistors
- used alcohol to clean the burnt flux resin.
- pre-heat the scex resistor 1-2 secs before attempting to attach the wire
- used two different types of solder (non/resin core)
- used solder wick to clean surface of resistor.
I'm afraid that I've some how burned the metal surface of the resistors so there is no point for the wire to bond. Could some one verify this or give me pointers as to how I can go about attaching the 2-3 remaining wires? How do I tell if I've burned the resistors?