The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Sniper V3 wonÂ´t start! PLZ help!
Sniper V3 wonÂ´t start! PLZ help! –
after installing a Crystal Chip in my PS2 I installed my "old" sniper Chip in a PS2 V3 of a friend of mine. After reassimbling the console it wonÂ´t eject the disc tray nor loading the disc (didnÂ´t starts to spin up). The Power Button seems to work well. IÂ´ve already checked the soldering points but couldnÂ´t figure out the problem. Anyone out there who can help me with this problem or who can tell me which region of the board to check for errors??? Please help
Thanks in advance
1) did you solder to vias? check for continuity. pick up a voltage meter from radioshack.
2) did you solder to any BA chips? possibly blown.
3) reset/eject ribbon cable is damaged
4) all of the above
->1) What are VIAS?
Originally Posted by ro4eva
->2) What are BA chips?
->3) already checked this and it seems to be ok !
Can you tell me which chip to check for the drive?
1) Vias are tiny "metalic rounded holes"... that's the best way i can describe it. Some mod installs require that you solder to vias. They're very sensitive to damage from heat and whotnot... so be careful. If you **** up a via - as in the metalic ring/hole is not whole anymore - your ps2 is caput.
2) BA chips are used to control the dvd drive motor functions (relaying the info to the EE from what i understand). These chips are sometimes soldered to (legs). You can tell if it's a 'BA' chip by the writing on it.... "BA******"