The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Question to you Hardware-Pros: PStwo modchip failure?!
Question to you Hardware-Pros: PStwo modchip failure?! –
I have a very special problem, which only the Pros can solve, I guess:
I brought my PStwo (V12) to a shop to get it modded. The modders told me, they would put in a Crystal Chip. When I got back my PStwo, the man behind the counter still told me, they put a Crystal Chip in.
At home, I wanted to test out the chip with the various possibilities regarding the Crystal Chip, like flashing it, boot manager-installation and more. I tried to nstall software on memory card and even tried to flash the chip with the latest firmware. As it always "FAILED", I tried it over, as stated in the readme-file. Nothing worked.
As I am not an expert regarding hardware, I found out later what I meanwhile was expecting: I have no Chrystal Chip in my PStwo, it is a Ripper3.1. The modders at the store put it in because of more compatibility regarding the V12 but did not tell me. :-(
Now my problem. There are a few failiures I discovered in my PStwo:
1. Every time I change the value of the DIGITAL OUT in the system configuration to OFF, I have to completely re-enter the system conf. (time zone/location...) I can change every other calue but not DIGITAL OUT.
2. The value for the remote control in system configuration is completely missing. Before I could enter something regarding the behavior of the remote control. This entry is completely missing now.
3. The Dual Shock's vibration function does not work anymore. No more vibration effects for me.
And finally my questions:
1. Is it possible that I have trashed my PStwo's BIOS/system configuration when trying to flash the "Chrystal Chip" or trying to install its software?
2. Could these failures be produced by a defective Ripper3.1-chip? The chip's functions do work perfectly fine, as far as I can say now...
3. Does anybody of you know about such strange PStwo-behavior? Could the failures be the result of a bad mod chip installation. (Wrong connected wires - whatever... I do not know about such thing.)
Thanks to everybody who read this far and who is willing to guide me with my problem. Of course I will get a replacement of the chip at the store, but somehow I fear the PStwo itself is damaged... Can you give me clarity?
Thanx in advance!