The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
ps2 v9 + smartchip X5 not working.
ps2 v9 + smartchip X5 not working. –
Hi i have modded V9 ps2 and everything looked fine.
Now i have removed that smartchip X5 chip and tested all lines, chip legs and Ribbons for shortcuts and cuts. Nothing.
Just assembled it back and tried, this is what it does:
1. Power on from back so i get that red light in reset.
2. Push reset, blue light comes on and I can hear a terrible sound from motor inside. Like something is stuck or in short. This sound will stop after awhile.
3. I press EJECT button and it just blinks but nothing happens (just that sound again).
4. I f i repeatedly push RESET button IT will open the SLED very fast. And again when pressing RESET it will take the SLED back in (sometimes it goes only half way).
5. Startup screen appears but no electrons moving at all (just a big ball). Other wise it works ok.
What are those chips that control CD-Drive and is there some way to TEST those CD-Drive motors??
Also HOW TO TEST those ba chips with multimeter?
Could that smartchip damage something if it's not in good condition??
This is really getting annoying. =)
It's called the BA chip on the older ps2s but I can't really remember what they call the new ones..
Anyway, I would suspect that the chip is busted..
To test with a multimeter, place one on Pin 8 of the BA chip, and one on a ground point, if you get a beeping sound then it's busted.