The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
PS2 v12 (PAL) + H2O (some questions)
PS2 v12 (PAL) + H2O (some questions) –
I'm new to the PS2 scene, I just got a PS2 few days ago and have been reading non stop about modding it.
These are probably noob questions but I just want to understand everything 100% before I do anything, please bear with me, I know how it feels
1. Does the H2O support DVD region-free movie watching without having to do anything extra? I read somewhere that you need to use the memory exploit but I don't think you can do that on v12.
2. Point H, I understand this is optional for JAP consoles, could someone tell me what it does?
3. Point F, that one is for adding RW support, is that correct?
4. What is "macrovision off for dvd movies" and "green fix"?
5. What is the difference between "H2O" and "H2O Orange"?
I tried looking for a 'feature list' of the ICE FINAL code but didn't find it, so that's why I'm asking
If someone has a link to a feature list, it would be great.
Hopefully I haven't left anything out, I do have some questions regarding some solder points but I'll ask that later, one thing at a time
Finally I'd like to thank all the people that made this website possible and contribute to it. There's so much information on it, it actually took me an entire day to read every single post after doing the search on "v12" and "H2O".
1. Nope u need real matrix or crystal chip
2. H is extra code for chip to work on jap system
4. Will alow you to copy dvd movie to VHS.. H20+ only ornge uses ice final and will not do that..
5. H20 is old but works well unless you want to do what you mensiond above.. H20+ is new but has been recalled by make..
Thanks for the quick reply.
no.4 I don't require.
Regarding no.1 What regions does it support?
I'm mainly interested in being able to play backup games (DVD-R)
98% PS2 games, 2% PS1 games.
Would I be able to play games online with this chip after modifying the game?
Also in regards to my no.5 question. I was asking for the difference between "H2O" and "H20 Organge".
On a website I see them seeling those two chips plus the H2O+
1 It supports the standard region that your ps2 supports now
2 You will be able to play original games online but not backups.. you need a crystal for that
3 i believe H2O orange is a normal H2O with v14 support