For modchip installers, what do you do with the V3/V4 ps2's with B-lasers ?
I have no problems with installing a modchip in all models.
The last months I rather prefer V5-V12, then a V3/V4.
Reason because of this is that the laser is not always good in reading the backups.
What I do before installing the modchip:
1) Play a DVD-R (RitekG04) ps2 backup, and see if I get the RSOD quickly
2) Play a DVD-R movie backup, skip to the last chapters, to see if the laser is able to play in the outher ranges of the disk
3)Then I decide whether or not to install the modchip
But the last times, I had people complaining that their ps2 had difficulties playing good backup ps2 games after some time (1-2 months)
I can choose in the future:
1) Not installing any modchips anymore in a V3/V4 with B-lasers
2) Install a new B-laser for 55 Euro extra
3) Install a new C-laser for 55 Euro extra, with help of lenschanger
4) Install the modchip and only clean the laser, and maybe adjust the pots if needed
What would you do ???????
If am very curious on what things you base your decisions ?