The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Modbo 750 with GH-051-12 Slimline
follow the MI1.88 diagram but just ignore the F point you should be just fine.
Hrmm no luck. It boots the standard bios
I've checked all the connections and verified its correct acording to the MI 1.88 diagram.
This is the first slimline I've modded, any advice as to what could be the problem?
if you installed without misstakes for all the bios connections and SX, RST,CX, then you should see matix logo when booting. if the game still does not boot, you need to look at the dvd points: H,G,I,A,B. there is no trick to install this chip.
No matrix logo, so the problem is likely in the M-R points from what I understand (if the dvd points are HGIAB).
I'll redo those points a little later and see how I go.
Ok, problem resolved.
After re-doing solder points I was getting a black screen 90% of the time and the retail (non-hacked) bios the other 10% of the time.
I took it to a local mod shop and they did the install for me, they informed me that my install was fine (my wires were left in place) however the chip I had was faulty.
So there we have it! All working now and one out of the two modbos I had were defective (first one went into my own fat ps2)
very rare to see a faulty chip. i've installed hundreds of these modbo750 and never come across a single one that is faulty. well, you maybe just out of luck.