The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Modbo 5.0 –
just come across this little one well flipping through mods of a dead trade outa boredom really. but check it out. basicly same as modbo 4.0 but with usb boot i guess. still cool to see advances even from cloners.
MODBO 5.0 - PS2 Modchip
MODBO 5.0 is an new generation of PS2 MOD chip that integrates a USB boot menu so you can play games from usb hard drive or usb memory stick!
Even better, the install is exactly the same as the Modbo 4.0, so if you want to upgrade, you can just replace the modchip without needing to solder all the connections to the ps2 motherboard again.
You can also easily disable the usb boot option and use the modbo 5.0 in the same way as you have always used your modbo 4.0.
* USB HARD DRIVE and Memory Stick Support!
* Fully compatible with ps2 v1-v16 PAL / USA / Jap
* Upgraded from modbo3.0, comes with original 100% v1.88 firmware, but it isn't upgradeable
* Comes with mini size board and the wiring point order is good for installation
* Automatic selection for PS2/PS1/DVD supports
* DVD region free incorporated
* Software selectable "PS2 Quick Load" option. (to skip PS2 logo and Quick boot PS2 games)
* Software selectable "PSX Quick Load" option (to skip PS1 logo and Quick boot PSX games)
* Easy to install (only 18 wires for V1-V8 and 20 wires for V9, V10, V11, V12, V13)
* CPLD chip (3.3V power supply) based IC for enhanced stability
* Automatic "MACROVISION=OFF" on all PS2 from V3 to V16 without additional wires
* Automatic "green fix" (no more need to change the cable to see your DVD movies on the PS2)
* Imports games fix (all PSX import games are played at full screen and full color
* Stealth-mode (the modchip can be switched off and becomes invisible to online gaming)
* Sleep-mode (the modchip will switch off itself after boot)
* Supports DVD-9 games
* Plays all CD's and DVD's games (both, import or backup's)
* Supports multi-disk games
* Supports anti-mod PS1 games (only for V9 - V16 PS2)
* Very reliable (all the Modchips are 100% tested before delivery)
* Very stable (thanks to sleep mode the IC will never overheat)
* CD lens safe (avoid CD lens damage by sending un-necessary signal to drive controller)
* Supports DEV1 and DEV2 for memory card booting
Compatible with every PS2 version (V1 -V16), no need to check your PS2 version
Includes all 900x models
description off http://www.techsick.com/shop/ModBo-5...-p-161606.html as markers site lacked one.
is this real ? why not with 1.93 FW
no idea just come across it, is very much possible to boot usb and the menu files are stored on usb so just slight on chip memory for entrys on usb boot. different crew possible? different chipset after all. who nos maybe just hadnt change the image in the boot file as 1.93 is last release and no one is sure of wat 1.99 even provides as extra features.
still interesting to see tho, if anyone installs let use no.