The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Messiah2 installation help
Messiah2 installation help –
hey, i have a few questions about the install of the Messiah. I will be getting the chip later today in the mail, so any quick replies would be greatly appreciated.
1. I looked at the second page of the directions and it says something about soldering a wire from PAD to VIA. I dont know what this is, but plz tell me if it is required for the installation.
2. Do i need to do the NTSC color fix??? I have a V7 NTSC PS2 scph 39001? I want to skip this part, but is this ntsc color fix ONLY for PAL ps2's?
3. I heard something about the messiah2 and how it has to be positioned perfectly. Do I have to position exactly like the diagram, far away from the BIOS, etc, etc...plz, i need help on this too
Thanks to everyone who replies
BTW, charlie, any other advice?
- The page has a picture that shows a pad and shows a via. It is advising you that soldering to pads is good and to vias is bad. An explanation is given. Actually these instructions are redundant because there is no requirement to use vias as solde rpoints though 'competing' instructions may recommend vias.
- The NTSC Color Fix is not needed for v7s. It is needed for v6 and below on NTSC PS2s. This is a bug in PS2 AV handling not the Messiah.
- Why don't you position it where shown in the Guide. Just do that ensuring that the bottom is firmly insulated where it meets the motherboard using good quality double sided tape. There is no exact position but that area is correct.
Noother advice - that's why I wrote the guide.
Charlie I was under the impression that the color fix was only needed when wanting to play pal based games on a ntsc console. Is this true?
The NTSC Color Fix is not needed for v7s. It is needed for v6 and below on NTSC PS2s. This is a bug in PS2 AV handling not the Messiah.
In pre-v7 consoles, for all PS1 games the PS2 forces NTSC 4.43MHz colour sub-carrier frequency which is not standard NTSC. Hence the corrupted colour. Search on TAKK to get the thread with the full story (also set out in my Install Guides).
thx everyone, im starting to install