It?s time for me to do something with my old Magic2 Clone (this whole ?not being able to authenticate discs past the boot up point" is ANNOYING).
1) Wayyy back when someone posted a switch-mod for the Magic2 clone (tho I can?t remember exactly what it did). Does anyone have any info on this?
2) I was thinking about adding some circuitry around my clone to make it ?smarter? (possibly a pic12c508). Here are my thoughts:
- does the monitoring of the EJECT and RESET points, when detected it activates the RESET point on the Clone. Thus, if the eject (or reset) button is pushed, the clone would start the authentication routine again. (Thoughts on this?)
- A smart ?shut-off? feature. After a few minutes, the circuitry would ?turn off? the clone (probably by holding the reset line on the magic chip). This would reduce heat build up and extend the life of the internal voltage regs.
A couple of questions:
* What is the part# for the magic 2 clone micro? (I need to dig up a datasheet to see what I?m dealing with)
* Is the RESET point on the magic PCB the same the actual /Reset of the magic micro?
* Electrical characteristics of the EJECT and RESET points on the PS2. Do they go HIGH or LOW when the button is pushed?
Any additional info/comments/thoughts that people can offer would be greatly appreciated.
And all of my findings / circuits / source code will be made publicly available if people want.