A Magic 2 - V7 Success Story
Well I am not sure if I am lucky or just got things figured out. Here is what I have done.
PS2: USA V7 39001
Chip: Magic 2 w/Clip
What I have had success booting:
Original PS2 DVD: Metal Gear Solid 2
Original DVD: Deep Blue Sea
Princo DVD-R: Mr. Deeds
Imation CDR: Twisted Metal Black - USA NTSC
Sony CDR: Battle Gear 2 - JAP NTSC
TDK CDR: Colony Wars 3 Red Sun PSX - USA NTSC
Princo (.70) DVD-R: Fire Blade - USA NTSC
Imation DVD-R: Need for Speed-Hot Pursuit 2 - USA NTSC
Vebatim DVD-R: Final Fantasy X - USA NTSC
Comp USA Ritek DVD-R: Fire Blade - USA NTSC
* All DVD-R Media burned at 1x using Prassi and an AO3.
* All CDR Media burned using Fireburner at 12x.
- I shortened wire S and added a cap to prevent the skipping in movie playback.
- What I changed with the install. Instead of using the brown 5V wire that runs from the clip connector to the mobo, I used a 22g solid core wire (as short as possible). I also added a 22g ground wire from the chip to a point on the mobo, about 2 inches long. No where does it state in MODCHIP.CAs instruction to ground the chip in addition to the ground on the clip.
- THE KEY for switching between all these formats was turning the machine off for at least 1 minute in between booting the media. I have swapped each title back to back with no issues.
Please post your success stories!