The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Magic 2 for v3, SCPH-30001 problems, need help!!!
Magic 2 for v3, SCPH-30001 problems, need help!!! –
I've made another post of this in the sticky forum for the V3 Magic 2, well here it is. I'm desparately needing help, PLEASE!!
My dad installed the chip EXACTLY the way LOD has on the sticky post for the magic 2 chip for the v3....
But, the 3.3V is soldered to the last leg on that chip, next to the resistor thing, which was tested by the multimeter and it was fine. The GS2 wire is soldered to the controller because the solder track goes to it. Besides this, everything else seems fine.
Here are PROBLEMS I am having:
1) Video wont come up when I turn the PS2 on (sometimes)
2) I cannot get ANY games to read <---a real problem
3) The laser makes really bad clicking sounds, almost sounds like its grinding, worse than before
4) I try the way to boot the PSX games, when the eject light is suppose to blink on and off (i think it does that), it doesnt do anything
5) The Magic 2 chip seems to get anormally hot, REALLY HOT!
Its starting to piss me off a lot. I need help guys.
All solder points have been carefully checked. Everything has been soldered prefectly. The laser stopped making those grinding noises and reads normally, but still continues to do a little clicking like it did originally. That picture LOD said he made of an installation he did wasnt by him, another person on the board said that was his PS2 soldered by a pro, which didnt work.
PS2 Ver2 bios chip has a gap,
PS2 Ver1 bios chip has no gap,
there is confusion to installation points.
I don't know if this is a problem? I am coming to a conclusion that MagicII does not really work for Ver2 PS2.
poordoc, I'm talkin about the v3 top BIOS board, the GH-006 mainboard.