DMS3 - Rip your flesh
I''m close to purchasing my first mod chip for a v10 ps2. I'm feeling pretty confident about DMS3, but I have a few questions:
1. Is there any other mod chip solution which has the capability of being reflashed like the DMS3 can?
2. I've been reading about how if you are not an experienced mod installer, you may want to consider the MXL2. Is this sound advice, and which is safer and more stable after the sucessful installation.
3. Aparently there's been all this shit going on about laser disalignment and the LA6508 getting ****ed up, because of these chips or because of faulty unit components to begin with. It seems to be sort of hit and miss and I'm going to go for it anyway but is it true that if my shit gets ****ed up then I can still buy another LA6508 replacement and I'll be okay?
4. The hard drive thing is kind of new, and the type I have seen has been the side unit that you buy with the new Final Fantasy. Someone told me that there is a spot inside of the ps2 where a hard drive can be installed? Is this true?
5. This question is sort of odd but is there any super secret death ways to peel back the waranty on the ps2 without breaching it? Possibly using steam as in the technique to open a letters adhesive? (just wondering)
6. Since I'm about to get this DSM3, is there any final super secret cons that I'm unaware of?
Thanks for any help of the community that you are for me to providing of my well being goodness unit.
LOL might find this kinda funny .... but the seal says
WARRANTY VOID IF THIS SEAL ON THE Playstation 2 CONSOLE IS REMOVED...
i just cut it on the seam with out removing
its still intack, and hasnt been removed
I dont quite understand, your seal has been cut, right? I'm pretty sure that sony wouldn't honor that.
What do you mean by Intact? Is it good as new?
Fist question 1 No there's not
Number 2. I dunno never installed one, but ALL mod chips should be done by a pro (you might find your self-asking a whole bunch of different questions here in a week) lol.
3. I've heard of problems with the new machine now to and they?re a post for it in this thread (with 177 replies and counting)
I've done about 12-15 new (V9-10) consoles and no problems yet.
4. The HD is an ongoing issue, first the expansion bay is were the HD was to go in the first place but now it sits on the side (dunno why). With the DMS3 you can add a third party HD (meaning it doesn't have to be Sony's) As far as I know this is the only chip you can do this with (support for the HD comes from the DMS3 chip not the Ps2).
5. As far as this is concerned, I had a customer once who tried to do his own install (failed), and he did not want me to know he had attempted (I charge more to fix mistakes obviously), so he painted the back of the sticker black(where the glue is) so the voids couldn't be seen anymore. Then after it was back on the machine he took WD-40 on a Q-tip to remove the extra paint around the sticker. I wasn't impressed, but it worked, I didn't realize it had been opened until I was in the board and saw the solder joints
6. WTF? Buy your chip from the designated resellers of DMS3! Remember you get what you pay for! I offer this advice and I'm not even a a official reseller of the chip. But that's where I buy mine.
Good luck and Good Gaming!!