The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
crystal and matrix chip questions
crystal and matrix chip questions –
Could you please answer a few questions regarding the
matrix and crystal chips?
1. Does the crystal chip support all features currently
supported by the Matrix Infinity?
2. What can we expect in the upcoming crystal chip v2.0?
3. What exactly is the online DNAS patching capability of the crystal chip?
4. Will their be a new Matrix Infinity chip for the PS2?
5. Do the matrix or crystal chip "switch off" if the chip or PS2 motherboard overheat? And how long can one safely run a PS2 in a non-ac environment?
1. No vga and maybe some cheat device features.
2. don't know
3. You have the ability to go online with backups without having to patch them up with a disc id.
5. I know the Matrix shuts itself off after booting a game.
3) As long as you use BootManager(a utility the Crystal Chip disk copies to your memory card) just run the backup and play online. No weird things to do on your part.
5) Unless you have a bad chip or a faulty install a modchip shouldn't add to the overheating potential of the system. I don't pamper my system any more than a typical PS2 needs pampering and its been good to me so far.
Thanks for replying.
Regarding a new matrix chip this is what I found on another site :