The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Comsoft & Albert FIX VIII
Comsoft & Albert FIX VIII –
It's a new Version of the fix.
Today , i decided to improve the code a bit, so i made some changes to it.
1. the pic will shutdown RS2400FS a 1.5 second from boot regardless of the state of the TRAY - WHEN INT IS FAILD!!!
2. the Test mode (tray open) will shutdown the pstwo a 1 second from boot (not instently as before).
so now the PIC works as followed:
1. on boot the pic waits 1 second for the pstwo to initioate.
2. check to see if Tray is open, if it does IMIDIATE SHUTDOWN PSTOW.
this is the TEST mode, which anables to check in anytime if the
PIC/FIX is working.
3. checks for INT for every 250ms at anytime if INT is HIGH (which means it's ok and the mechanics controller is not in deadlock)
the PIC code jump to WATCHDOG routine.
4. if 1.5 second from boot have passed and the INT is still not active then the PIC CODE mute the RS2400FS (CD/DVD DRIVER)
and by that disable any current flow to the lens and to the CD/DVD motors.
5. if 3 seconds from boot have passed the PIC CODE shutdown the pstwo to save the lens.
1. the PIC CODE check the INT line for every 1ms.
2. if the INT line FAILD (INT == LOW) for 50ms then the PIC CODE MUTE the RS2400FS CD/DVD DRIVER.
if after that the INT line return to be active (INT == HIGH) then the PIC CODE return the RS2400FS CD/DVD driver to active mode
and everything is back to normal and the user don't even know abot this.
3. if a 200 ms have passed and the INT line is still not active , this means MECHANICS CONTROLLER is in deadlock , and pstwo
this code tested only on TEST BOARD not yet installed.
please feal free to remark or make suggestions for forther improvments
Very kewl! So far no reports of your fix failing.
Have u install it? and if u did , on how many pstwos?
lat8ly i'm installing the fix without the capacitors and without any extras exept the pic itself!!!
i really hope that someone will take this fix and make a pcb of it so it will be easyer to install.
u don't have to use SMD resistors to install it. in all of my install i'm using regular resistors 1/4 or 1/8 W with 5% tolorence. just solder one side of the resistor to the PIC pin and the other to the point on the schematics.
will be glad if any of u will share me with u'r experiance with the fix.
Last edited by comsoft; 02-20-2005 at 04:01 AM.
Oh no, I haven't installed it. Haven't had many customers lately, and I don't have the equipment either. I'm just saying people on here... Not sure if people are trying this out or not, but I think some people are.
I've got a question about the test mode. Does it only work on boot phase?
Originally Posted by comsoft
What happens if the tray is opened in order to change CDs during gameplay? Will the PStwo also be shut down?
no, during resets the TEST MODE will not be active. only if tray is open during boot.
Originally Posted by Ruebeman
Thank You for the Your clarification.
Originally Posted by comsoft
are you going to have some pcb boards made up for retail looks like the fix we,ve been waiting for.
I'm sure someone will make a pcb for it.....hell,they were making the diode fix without knowing how well it worked,& this fix seems a much better solution.