attempt #2 - Matrix Infinity in a V7
completely re-did the soldering job ..
- i can get to the Matrix config screen
- i can update the firmware (updated from 1.2 to 1.36)
- i can play retail PSX discs with the chip enabled AND disabled (i don't have a burned PSX disc to try)
- i can play retail audio discs with the chip enabled AND disabled
- i can play burned audio discs with the chip enabled AND disabled
i can NOT play retail PS2 discs at ALL (chip enabled/disabled).. they either boot me back to the Browser after a few seconds, give me a red screen of death, or sit at a black screen after displaying the PlayStation 2 white text logo for a few seconds before booting me back to the Browser. (i currently only have a DVD+R PS2 backup, which is recognized as a DVD movie.)
i can NOT play retail DVD movies at ALL (chip enabled/disabled) .. i get white text saying "Unable to read disc."
given these symptoms, what am i looking at for solutions?