About to mod my V12 with CC 2.0. Need expert info on some things. –
I'm planning on buying a Crystal Chip 2.0 modchip to install in my V12 70012. I have a few questions to ask before I make some moves:
- What online store do you recommend buying from? (As in no long shipping time aka Very Reliable) I've been to mod-chip.com and their price for a Crystal Chip 2.0 *Full Set* costs ~51.00 shipped.
- Since I want to mod a V12 PSTwo, i've read that a laserfix is needed for these. Which would you highly recommend? I saw that some say the summ0ne fix but there's so many threads about it that I don't know what's the latest revision of it is. Also, some stores ship a Neofix XIV with the chips? Are these any better?
- I bought 4 spindles of 100-pack DVD-Rs on Black Friday at Best Buy (they were $5 each!). The brand of them are Dynex. I've never heard of them before but how are they with reading in the PSTwo? Bad? Good? Excellent?
- I have excellent experience with modding Xbox consoles (over a year and a half time). I know the PS2 takes more time but how hard is it compared to the Xbox?
- Lastly, are there any other recommendations I should use with my PSTwo and it's life longevity (sp?)? Meaning anything that could help without my PSTwo giving out for no reason due to a modchip?
Thanks in advance for any info provided in taking the step into modding my PlayStation.
PlayStation 3 80GB MGS Bundle [Dead]
PlayStation 3 750GB Uncharted 3 Bundle [Firmware 4.30]
PlayStation 2 OG 39001 - 250GB HDD - Free McBoot - OPL v0.8