Does anybody actually have a PS2 modchip combination that has 100% boot rate, all media issues aside--that is it boots good backups 100% of the time, no RSODs at all. My DUO modded v5 NTSC PS2 has ~80% boot rate. The chances of an RSOD increases if I boot the game from the browser, this accounts for around 15% of the RSODs while the other 5% stems from turning the PS2 on with the game already inside.
My power and gnd wires are 24AWG and short as can be, previously they were unnecessarily long (3 times longer), I thought shortening them would improve the boot rate but it didn't, I guess I'll have to try shortening the other wires too.
Honestly, it's pretty good but I'm thinking if it boots once, it should be able to do it all the time, it's all in the timing I guess and less resistance + less interference = better.
Has anybody ever tried using larger wires for the other points as well as in maybe use 30AWG from a point but then continue with a larger gauge towards the modchip? Or is this more detrimental than good due to unmatched transmission lines?