Release 30 -
NOTE: Loading BM from older versions of PS2LINK will not work since PS2LINK used an older version of PS2SMAP.IRX. Use
the latest PS2LINK with the latest PS2SMAP.IRX only! Encourage others to update PS2SMAP.IRX in their projects too.
NOTE: Release 30 contains BM 2.1.0 which requires small changes to APPINFO.PBT scripts. Older MegaPacks will not work.
- "Shortcuts" allow you to assign a shortcut to one of the 7 "user buttons": L1, L2, R1, R2, Triangle, Square, and Start.
Inside any BM menu that contains an option you wish to create a shortcut to:
1. Press "Select" button.(the cursor should turn green and you cannot move the cursor.)
2. Press the "user button" you wish to assign the shortcut to.
3. Select the option you wish to create the shortcut to and hit "X".
4. The cursor should return to normal.
5. Every time you press the "user button" assigned, the shortcut will be called.
Note: If you hit "Select" again at any time during the shortcut recording the shortcut will be canceled.
You can use this to delete a shortcut by pressing Select then the button you wish to delete the shortcut
from then pressing Select again.
By holding down the button desired and pressing "Select", you will enter "shortcut record mode". You can cancel
this mode by hitting "Select" again. In Shortcut Record Mode, the cursor will turn green when it's above a valid
widget that can be used as a shortcut. When you've highlighted the widget you want to create a shortcut to, hit
"X" to assign the shortcut. This can be used to launch an application, enter a menu, start network/hdd, etc all
by pressing a single button!
- "In-Game Reset"(IGR) allows you to reset your PS2 simply by pressing(and holding) L1+L2+R1+R2+Start+Select on your controller!
This feature has been very popular for XBOX1 users so we decided it was time the PS2 users were able to
enjoy the same. Please note that this feature will not work unless the PS2 is actively reading the controller.
For example some games do not read the controller while showing intro screen, etc.
This will not work in PS1 games.
This will also not work if the PS2 is crashed since all software is dead in that case...
THIS FEATURE IS DISABLED BY DEFAULT!
- Added "Miscellaneous Configuration" menu with the following options:
- In Game Reset: enable/disable "In Game Reset". DEFAULT: OFF
- GS Hook: enable/disable the "GS Hook" used for PS2 video fixes. DEFAULT: ON
- PBAT scripts:
- "PROGCCI" is no longer supported, see "PROGFW".
- "PROGFW" will write a binary to a specified address in the CC on-chip EEPROM/flash.
Syntax: PROGFW start_address file
start_addr is the starting address, in either hexadecimal(0x..) or decimal, in EEPROM/flash to which the data will be written.
filename is the name of the file to load and program to the EEPROM/flash.
Example: PROGFW 0 MYFILE.CCI
Notes: This command will overwrite the specified areas in the EEPROM/flash, possibly requiring you to use Recovery Mode
to boot an Upgrade Disc!
- "ERASEFW" will erase the entire contents of the CC on-chip EEPROM/flash.
Notes: This command will erase the entire EEPROM/flash chip and you will lose all firmware, applications and settings
stored on the chip!
- Added "N2EPACK.EXE" to allow you to pack any file with N2E compression for use in CC firmwares.
- Added "CCITOOL.EXE"(replaces CCIGEN.EXE) to allow you to supply the necessary "CCI Header" to
firmware loader binaries.
- ???(Various forgotten additions I'm sure..)
- IMPORTANT: The Crystal Chip firmware image(.CCI) file format has changed. There is no longer a 32-bit checksum at the start
of the file. BootManager v2.1.0 and later will only support the new format.
- Removed "Button Configuration" menu as the "Button Configuration" has been replaced by Shortcuts which can do the same thing
- Fixed "Themes" so you can now change the theme correctly after installing a new theme.
- Fixed Autoload "NODISC".
- Rewrote CC hardware drivers, now much more efficient, stable, faster and supporting flash chips up to 4MByte.
- Rewrote all CC firmwares, CC2.0 will notice much faster BM loading from flash and CC1.x users should get some slight improvements too.
- Fixed some compatability issues with some games.
- Fixed an issue causing crashes relating to HDD(No HDD, etc).
- Fixed some scrolling issues in menus.
- Fixed some typos in the Configuration Menus(options mislabeled, etc).
- Updated PS2SMAP.IRX and USBHDFSD.IRX from PS2DEV.ORG SVN source.
- Various bug fixes, cleanups, etc. Should result in better compatability/stability.
- ???(Various forgotten fixes/changes/updates I'm sure..)