Bootmanager 2.0 Sample Application Scripts
For those that are a little green for updating the APPINFO.PBT scripts from the BM1.0 stuff, I've updated 4 scripts for you. You just have to unzip this into the "fw/FILES" directory.
I've given you the following:
You can see what needs to be done, and it's a hellova lot easier to manage and update now for any other apps you want to migrate.
Now don't say I never did anything for you :p
App Installation in Detail!
This goes out to everyone having problems to install applications with the BootManager.
I'll give you a detailed step by step description for the application installation progress.
For my examples I will use LaunchELF ("BOOT.ELF" in "LaunchELF v3.81" folder), cause that should be installed anyway.;)
Further I will guide you through an installation via CD, cause that's most common. (you can also use USB with the USB drivers from my Custom BM)
Details about installation via Network will follow asap.
And you should have unpacked the FW to copy the apps there.
You can use this guide for any other app, no matter how many files have to be copied. (even for myPS2 with all the subfolders:) )
But enough chit-chat, let's go for real.;)
- Rename "BOOT.ELF" to "ULE.ELF"
- Copy "LaunchELF v3.81/ULE.ELF" to "BM/APPS/ULE/ULE.ELF"
- Copy "BM/APPS/PS2LINK/APPINFO.PBT" to "BM/APPS/ULE/APPINFO.PBT"
- Open "ULE/APPINFO.PBT" with a text editor (Windows' notepad is sufficient)
- Change the following variables
SET "APP_TITLE" "PS2Link"
SET "APP_VERSION" "v1.46"
SET "APP_AUTHOR" "PS2DEV.org"
SET "APP_DESC" "Run applications and transfer files over network."
RCOPY "$PWD$" "$ARG2$/PS2LINK"
LOADEXEC "PBAT" "$BM.BM_PATH$/LOADEXEC.PBT" "$PWD$/PS2LINK.ELF"
SET "APP_TITLE" "LaunchELF"
SET "APP_VERSION" "v3.81"
SET "APP_AUTHOR" "EP, dlanor, Polo35"
SET "APP_DESC" "Run ELFs and manage your files on MC, HDD or network."
RCOPY "$PWD$" "$ARG2$/ULE"
LOADEXEC "PBAT" "$BM.BM_PATH$/LOADEXEC.PBT" "$PWD$/ULE.ELF"
- Save the file and close the editor.
- Go to the "fw" folder and execute the "makeit.bat".
- Wait for the image to be created.
- Hit any key to close the ugly window.
- Burn the "cc-upgrade.bin" on CD with your favorite burn app.
- Turn on your PS2.
- Navigate into the "Application Browser".
- Insert the fresh burned FW upgrade CD.
- Go to "Install Application".
- Choose "LaunchELF" from the list.
- Wait till the installation is finished.
- You just installed LaunchELF from CD to MC all by yourself.
- Enjoy this fantastic feeling!:p
So, I think that's it. More details would damage the brains. (at least mine, cause I can't think of more details;) )
Hope this helps you.
best regards Jones23