So I baught a chipped ps2 from this 12 year old. He didn't know what chip it was, the only thing he said was - press reset three times when booting up, not to fast, and you can play backup games from dvd.
So I tried it a lot of times and all of a sudden it started booting backup games, and I saw tha Toxic logo on booting (pressing reset three times) and game in dvd-reader.
I read up on the toxic boot controls because it was difficult to get the three-times-reset-combo to work and I found that L1 when booting meant disable chip until next reset. I tried it and i got the message dms4 disabled. After the chip still booted backup games. After a couple of days it wasn't booting the games any more. The behavior is like this:
- If I start it with one press on reset - nothing boots, screen is black.
- If i start it with three hits on reset - original game boots, if backup game is in dvd i get the red cloud message "please insert playstation 2 format disc...". If I eject the backup dvd from there, i go to the standard browser / navigator menu. If I put in an original game disc in this mode, it boots without problems.
- If i start it with L1, nothing happends, screen is black
So it seems like the modchip isn't booting toxic for some reason. I don't know if it is DMS4 pro or lite, toxic os or toxic bios. So my questions are:
1. Does anybody know if it is possible that I have disabled the chip by mistake"permanently"? And if so - how do I enable it?
2. Is it possible to force the chip to boot the toxic bios ? (I tried pressing "R1" when booting, it doesn't work)
3. Any other ideas?
Any help is much apprechiated!