I have been reading up on boards, and looking on sites like sksapps in reguards to MC applications, booting off a MC, backing saved games up to a MC, going through your PS2's network adapter to do something (not sure what) etc... So I have a few questions that I have not seen direct answers to. I can find app's online, but they don't really say what they are for, or what you would like to do with them. I have pleanty of USB memory sticks laying around that I would like to play with. I use 1.88 version of the Matrix Infinity chip.
1) What are the most popular PS2 apps out there? I have only been able to find a handfull of apps, and I am not really sure on their purplose other than playing MP3's...
2) For Matrix Infinity users, do you use a pen drive for anything? And if so, what? What programs did you use to make the pen drive function on your PS2.
3) Can I run emulators off a large pen drive for better performance? I have about 1000 snes games on emulators, but the sound quality isn't that good, and it seems to be a bit laggy, or doesn't feel right when playing them. Perhaps running the few I love off a pen drive would be better?
4) I have a slimline PS2, and a network adapter built into the back of it. I plugged it into my router, and ran the network CD that came with the PS2. I disabled the Matrix Infinity by holding down start before I ran the network setup just in case. It is asking me to register, but eh.... I would prefer not to put my personal information in there, is that NEEDED to play online? And can I play my backed up PS2 games online with the matrix infinity enabled? I don't want to mess something up because sony thinks I pirate their video games when playing online. So before I connect online using my backups, I would like to know if Ill encounter any problems.
5) Thanks alot you guys for the help you have given me so far, I'm having a great time and so are my kids with our new PS2