The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Newbie Questions –
Sorry if these are all silly questions, but I didn't see a FAQ. Here I go:
1) If I install a MI, is there anything that's not going to work, such as the HD, online play, Gameshark, things like that?
2) Does it alter a PAL game to work on an NTSC system? If so, does it do it well?
3) "SUPPORTS ANTI-MOD PS1 GAMES !! (Only for V9 - V13 PS2)" What does this mean exactly? If I try to play FF8, original or otherwise, on a V5, does it refuse to run?
4) Does Stealth mode let me play a backup online or just an original? And if I were to play a backup online, would Sony "know"?
5) Can I run Dual Layer backups too?
6) Any particular media or drive I should look for or avoid?
OK, I'll stop. Thanks in advance.
I) No everything will still work the same (online original games only)
2) Yes it allows PAL game to be played the same as NTSC games.
3) Some PSone games detect and refuse to play on consoles with mod-chips, these games will work.
4) Stealth mode means that the chip can not be detected. I am not too sure, but don't think that playing copies online is supported.
6) Ritek ri-data best disks, Pioneer best writer.