MI install on GH051-32
I just bought my first matrix infinity chip. I'm trying to install it on a slimline PS2 v15 (GH051-32 MB). I've folowed the GH051-02 diagram at the [T.M.T.] site. I'm using a AWG#30 wire for the install. The A,B,G,I,H poits are soldered through the holes. and the rest has a good connection. When i power on the PS2 everything acts normal. i can play my original PS1/PS2 games. But i can't boot backups. I can't even boot the MI firmware update disc.
My questions are:
1. Do i have to solder the "F" ("For DVD-RW's only")? What does that actually mean? Does it say that if that point is soldered; i can ONLY play backups on a DVD-RW? not even originals?
2. I've burned the original firmware ISO from [T.M.T.] on a verbatim CD-R. Is the dummy file in that ISO to smal for the PS2's DVD-rom to read? Do i have to make my own ISO?
3. Is there anything else i'm missing? :cry:
1. There is no need to solder the F-wire. It just adds the ability to load from RW-discs. As using RW can screw up your lens, because the laser needs more power to read, you should not solder the wire.
2. The iso from Matrix should work if you burned it correctly. There's no need to create it on your own.
3. You said you used AWG 30 wire. Did you also use it for V+ and GND? You must use thicker wires for these two points. Also check the lenght of your wires. Be sure you routed them the shortest way. Maybe you can post a picture of your install for detailed investigation.
I also just finished installing my 1st mod chip. HomerX is correct about the 'F' connection. In addition to the 'F' I also didn't solder the 'SX' connection. Since the PS2 is my 1st console (not including PONG and ATARI way back) I don't have nor want any PS1 games, so the SX was optional for me.
mEsUsah, does your console boot up with the MATRIX logo being the 1st thing you see, before any PS2 logos? I ask because you said "When i power on the PS2 everything acts normal".
i managed to get the chip to work, as you all guessed it was my lacking skills :P I actually managed to solder a cuple o' points at the wrong place. It's a wounder the PStwo survied :P Her's a pic of the install :)
Happy playing... :)