Hokay, so I have a strange situation here. I just got done installing the Matrix Inifinity in a V4. The chip itself seems to (mostly) work, but things are strange. I checked all the solder points away from the point itself to make sure there is a good connection, and triple-checked against the installation pictures to make sure I have the right points. There are also no solder bridges that I can find. Here's what I'm seeing:
- At boot (no disk), I get the Infinity screen, then it goes to the browser screen. All normal there.
- At boot (original PS2 game [GT4] in) I get the Infinity screen then it boots the game. All normal there.
- At boot (original DVD movie in) I get the Infinity screen then it boots the movie. All normal there.
- I can get into the setup menu by holding a couple buttons. All normal there.
Here's where it gets strange:
- Backup PS2 game (Psychonauts, Worms 4) gives disc read error.
- Burnt CD with 1.75 firmware on it says insert a PS/PS2 game disk. If I boot with the power button held down it will load properly.
- Burnt CD with the 1.36 firmware and Infinity Manager software on it, disc read error.
- Backup DVD movie, disc read error.
At first I thought it might be the laser since it is only having problems with the burnt disks. Then I got to thinking about it, and that doesn't make sense. It will always load the 1.75 disk with no problems, but only if I force it to boot in PS1 mode. It will never load the other burnt CDs or DVDs. I have made multiple copies at the slowest possible speeds just to make sure it was a good burn, and even re-downloaded it again to make sure it was not a data problem.
Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this? I'm stumped.