Playstation 2, version 7, PAL.
I installed Infinity chip ordered from mod-chip (seems original, no Modbo etc):
* Inserting any disk (originals that worked before and backups) and Reset:
"Matrix" logo appears for a few seconds and disappears (black screen, for ever).
* Reset while holding controller buttons triangle+circle:
Matix logo and than configuration menu appears.
Version stated is v 1.5
Changes in setting are saved OK.
* Changing the boot-options setting from "Auto" to "Fast" and reset:
"Matrix" logo appears for much longer (until DVD drive stops to read the disk) and than same black screen forever.
*Since I was not sure if the chip needs flashing, I burned a disk with version 1.54. It is "ignored" by the PS as any other disk (holding the Rest-button till light turns blue did not make any difference).
I repeatedly rechecked connections with multimeter (for connection or "bridges" I might have produced).
i found a discrepancy regarding the "Y" connection in the diagrams published by the manufacturer (http://www.infinitymod.com/matrix/fi...V08/PAL-V7.JPG) and that of my reseller ( see attached jpg file).
They use adjectent but not identical pins.
I tried both pins, but the symptoms remain the same.
1. PLEASE help, I am stuck.
2. Does the fact that I see the Matrix-logo and get the setup-screen mean that the mod-chip does not need to flashed to be functional?
3. Which of the pins is correct for "Y" connection?
4. What SHOULD I see next after the short appearance of the MATRIX-logo (in AUTO boot mode), the normal PS logo and browser?